Home – Student – School – Community
Supporting Each Other
HOW CAN YOU HELP THE JAMES BEAN SCHOOL?
- Volunteer in the school.
- Join the Parent Teacher Organization
- Participate in school fundraising efforts..
- Participate in activities that we host to support our community
Join our Parent Teacher Organization
Our PTO does so many wonderful things throughout the school year to involve parents, students and faculty. In order for each event to be a success they rely a lot on the help of volunteers. Please visit the PTO page to learn how you might be able to help.
During the school year there are many support projects that are ongoing. To follow is a list of projects that help support the James H. Bean School:
- Donate laser and inkjet cartridges to our cartridge recycling program.
- Collect and send in Campbell product labels.
- Collect and send in General Mills “Box Tops for Education” .
- Register with Shaw’s, Hannaford, K-Mart andOffice Depot for various school donation programs.
- Purchase a pencil from our student pencil machine. Each pencil cost .25cents. These pencils are unique and change throughout the year.
How We Support the Sidney Community
- Collect pull tabs on aluminum cans and donate them to the Shriner’s Hospital.
- At various time throughout the school year, food drives are held to stock local food pantry shelves.
- Our chorus students perform at community nursing homes.
- Our faculty adopts families during the holidays.
- Facilities are available for public use. Please refer to RSU 18 policy KFB for guidelines and fees. School Facility Use Form
HOW JAMES BEAN SCHOOL SUPPORTS STUDENTS
- Counseling support from our school social worker.
- Actively promote bullying prevention.